- Autodesk SketchBook Copic Edition - Limited, free edition of Autodesk Sketchbook. Available for both Windows and OS X platforms.
- 33 Brilliant Collection of Batman Artworks - The caped crusader has inspired a lot of artists. Some nice works here.
- Composition with Philip Straub - A golden oldie.
- Denis Gonchar: Artist of the Day - This guy has somewhat unique and recognizable style.
- Step by Step Reprise and Video by Nathan Fowkes - This guy is the man with charcoal.
- The Art of Rendering (updated) - Nice overview of the basic techniques.
- 3 Rules to Actionable Metrics in a Lean Startup - Important post on one of the hardest yet most important things in Lean Startup.
- 10 common UX mistakes startups make... and how to avoid them - You've got 5 seconds or so to convince your prospective customer. Better make the most out of that.
- 10 Ways Startups Get Screwed - Avoid these mistakes.
- 20 lines of code that will beat A/B testing every time - Apparently it's quite easy to do better than just A/B.
- Getting pre-launch traction with web games - Games, people love those! Might be the perfect way to get some traction for your startup.
- Lebedev's Pyramid - Looks familiar?
- Startups: Bands for Hackers - Some truth in this alright. Good analogue.
- The top five Lean Startup myths - There is a lot of buzz about Lean Startup. This article dispels some of the myths around.
- Two Mindsets: Fixed and Growth - It's amazing how much your outlook on life affects it. Same goes for business I think.
- 20 Fresh CSS3 Tutorials - There are definitely a lot of these out there. Here's a selection.
- How to Develop Scalable and Maintainable CSS - Superb points about writing CSS. There are some many ways to fail in this.
- Sass vs. Stylus: Who Wins the Minimal Syntax Battle? - If you use either of these, check this out.
- What's the Deal with display: inline-block? - Well. What is it? :)
- 30 Examples of Vintage and Retro in Logo Design - Retro definitely has its value in design. In a way it's timeless and always trendy.
- Applying Macrotypography for a More Readable Web Page - Learn to improve reading experience.
- Compfight - Since Flickr's default search sucks I use this little service instead.
- Free logo design format guide - Nuff said.
- 10 tips for building a better game - If you make games, read this.
- mienfield - Multi-player version of minesweeper.
- The future of game development? - Nice concept by the famous Bret Victor.
- Building the worst Linux PC ever - Doesn't probably get much worse than that.
- The Mechanical Keyboard Guide - All about mechanical keyboards you've ever wanted to know and then some.
- CSI Image Enhancer - Based on real technology.
- fool.js - The April Fools' day jQuery plugin. If you can imagine it, there's likely a jQuery plugin for it.
- Single page apps in depth - Free ebook for those interested in single page apps.
- q - Avoid the pyramid of doom.
- Kitchen Hack: One-Minute Bread - Nothing is better than a freshly baked bread.
- Choosing the Right Lean and Agile Innovation Practices - How to know which practices to use and when?
- codestre.am - Stream and record your terminal. Learn from the gurus.
- How Gearbox's 'Truth Team' outwitted Borderlands feedback - The users are not as clever as they think. Same goes for developers of course.
- Increase Your Productivity in Vim and Terminal - If you use these tools like real developers do, check out these tips for some extra horsepower.
- Linus Torvalds' Greatest Invention - No, not Linux. Begins with a g.
- Lisp as the Maxwell's equations of software - Lisp, the mother of all programming languages?
- Moleman 2 - The Art of the Algorithms - Demoscene, what is it?
- Successful GitHub Development - What it takes to make a GitHub project successful?
- The Agile Inception Deck - Ask these questions when starting a new project.
- The Agile Waterfall - It's not that black and white out there.
- Vim: From Essentials to Mastery - If you like Vim (or even if you don't), this video might be worth checking out.
- What People Think Software Developers Do - There's definitely some truth hidden in this image.
- 7 Typography Tools Every Design Should Know - Comparison tools, testers and such. A nice collection.
- 10 Web Typography Trends to Watch in 2012 - Man, there is a lot to learn about typography. Hard to keep up with the trends.
- 25 New and Free Fonts for Web Designers - You don't always have to pay to get a nice typeface. :)
- Frustro: The Impossible Typeface - This typeface is so confusing. The name couldn't be any better.
- How to Choose a Typeface - It can be hard to figure out which typefaces to use. This guide gives you some idea which factors to keep in mind while doing that.
- Just My Type: Super Clean, High-Quality & Free Fonts - Moar free fonts!
- The 10 Best Script and Handwritten Google Web Fonts - A good selection from Google's Web Fonts.
- The ultimate guide to web type - Web fonts and all the shiz.
- Tomorrow's web type today: The fine flourish of the ligature - Find out what ligatures are and how they work in web.
- TypeButter makes it easy for anyone to kern their Web typography - Kerning. For the web!
- Type Study: Pairing typefaces - Many know that sometimes all you need to do is to pick two typefaces for your site. How to pick these two is the problem, though.
- When Typography Speaks Louder than Words - Sometimes typography makes a world of difference.
UX & UI
- 5 Interface Laws Every Software Designer Should Know - Good slides to go through.
- 10 things every designer needs to know about forms - If you deal with forms a lot, read this.
- A Beginner's Guide to Wireframing - If you want to get started with wireframing, check this out.
- Comics and UX, Part 2: Flow and Content - There's something to learn from comics.
- Design for Readability - Magazines get this right. Now, how to achieve this on web!
- Form Label Proximity: Right Aligned is Easier to Scan - This might seem a bit counterintuitive but once you think about it, it starts to make sense.
- Interesting Trends in UI Design - Some nice observations there. Esp. Apple seems influential these days. Retro is good too.
- Making Considerate Software - Software doesn't have to necessarily behave like a jerk.
- The Importance of Tying Personas to Wireframes - Don't just create personas. Use them!
- Using Scientific Knowledge to Bring Structure to Design Problems - Old truths aren't that right always. It's so easy to assume something that's not.
- UX Design as a Two-Way Conversation - Remember, UX is a discussion.
- Why Your Links Should Never Say "Click Here" - Kind of obvious, really. Semantics and all.
- 21 Examples of Excellent Navigation Menus in Web Design - There are so many ways to screw up your navigation or make it just plain bland. Here are a few examples how not to do just that.
- 21 Fantastic Examples of Sliders in Web Design - Sliders, never enough of those...
- 23 Fantastic Examples of Illustrated Elements in Web Design - Wisely chosen illustrations definitely add that needed oompfh to your design.
- 3 Fantastic & Fresh Tools for Web Designers - Color utility, text warper and a CSS starter stylesheet went to a forest. Fill in the rest of the joke.
- Design Principles for gov.uk - This is how you are supposed to guide the design of your site. Especially if it's a huge one.
- More Examples of Fresh Effects in Web Design - Effects, just what you need to make your site positively different.
- screenqueri.es - Handy for testing your responsive layouts.
- Ultimate Responsive Web Design Toolkit - Nice starting points for responsive design.
- "Undesign" Your Portfolio Website - Sometimes less design is better.
- Web Design Trends 2011 - Some nice slides to check out.
- Why Every New Website Will Use Bootstrap - Save some time, use Bootstrap.
- 25 New Examples of Single Page Websites - There is something really novel about single page designs. In a way it forces the designer to focus on the essential.
- Cache them if you can - "The fastest HTTP request is the one not made"
- Creating a Mobile Web Application with Meta Tags - Setting those meta tags right can make a world of difference.
- Drawing Resolution Less-Dependent Graphics - Make your web graphics more awesome.
- Is Your Homepage Overcrowded? - Well. Is it?
- Three Super Easy Ways to Pull Off a Masonry Layout - Masonry is the new carousel. Well worth checking out to see what the buzz is about. Masonry isn't too dated an effect yet and might be just the thing you need to make your site content "pop".
- Timeline Portfolio - Still remember what I said about jQuery plugins earlier?
- Wireframes for Web Apps - Remember. Clarity matters in wireframes, not polish.