- Zhaoming Wu - What a great artist!
- Trolls in Art - How hideous!
- Mort Drucker - Mad. Nuff said.
- Some Thoughts on Isaac Levitan - That's an artist with a capital A.
- Naoji Ishiyama - A relatively unknown sci-fi artist living at Jyväskylä apparently. It's a small world. Esp. works around '95 are pure gold.
- Pulp-o-mizer - Generate your very own steam punk cover. Memes are allowed.
- Fred Fixler: Notes on Drawing - Straight to the Point. Did you know he was a student of the legendary Frank Reilly? If you don't know who Frank Reilly is, check him out.
- Can a Puppy Sell a CMS? - I think the real question is can a kitteh sell a CMS even better?
- Keeping People - A must read slides for a business owner.
- Your Business Model is a System - A very fitting metaphor. I might call it an engine even.
- 20 Rules of Software Consulting
- Build Your Business Around Tools, Not Talent - If you rely on talent too much, things might get complicated. If your business can be run by a tool, you should be safe.
- The Ideation Switch - Ideate and execute. Rinse and repeat till you have a business.
- Why Employees Are Always a Bad Idea - Chuck Blakeman has definitely become one of my favorite bloggers. His book about how making money is killing your business is a very good read as well.
- Bacon.js Makes Functional Reactive Programming Sizzle - And me hungry for some reason.
- A Require.js Multi-page Shimmed Site: How-To - Learn how to use Require.js with multi-page sites effectively.
- Understand Introverts - Introverts are people too.
- Understand Matrices - If you haven't figured out how those buggers work, read this article.
- What Your Culture Really Says - See behind the fancy words.
- Relax! You'll Be More Productive - Take it easy mon. Worries kill productivity.
- 50 Life Hacks to Simplify Your World - Some very cool ones there. Prerequisite: life.
- Linux Tycoon - If you have ever wanted to build a Linux distro here's your chance to do it without having to spend a year or more on it.
- Suomikauppa - Psst. You can buy some Sisu from here!
- Ace of Spades by Compressorhead - Now that's what I call metal!
- Kamelot - Center of the Universe - The best power metal song ever. The album and the following one are very good as well, especially if you are into this sort of music.
- pbcopy and pbpaste - OS X geek, learn them!
- A nifty volume trick for Mac - Yes, it's obscure but cool.
- How Software Groups Rot - Expert Beginners and all that.
- Regexper - Visualize your regex. For regular programmers.
- Just Use Sublime Text - Yes, Vim is antique. Know the basics but understand its weaknesses.
- Squash Your Git Commits with Rebase - Sheer awesomeness.
- Crunch Time: If You Play, You Pay - Confirmed and experienced by yours truly.
- Creativity as the Root of Software Development - Programmers share more with artists than they ever dare to acknowledge.
- Algorithms that design structures better than engineers - In your face engineers! I guess one day we have algorithms that design better algorithms than programmers. That will be a sad day indeed.
- Hack Design - Design for hackery types. A pile of lessons really.
- Instacode - Way better than Instagram.
- The Silver Searcher - Possibly related to The Silver Surfer. Don't worry if you missed the comic reference. It's faster than ack and grep anyhow.
- How the Productivity Myth is Killing Your Startup? - Long weeks don't mean more output automatically.
- Get Paid or Get Pivoting - Money, the ultimate sign of acceptance.
- What if your startup fails? - Pro tip: you will fail before you succeed.
- What is Your Offer - Really - Sell an outcome, not a product.
- Legitimize Your Startup - Instant credibility although a bit morally shady.
- Ideas + No Competence = The Idea Guy - I've seen these.
- Top Ten Mistakes of Entrepreneurs by Kawasaki - Straight to the point.
- 5 bad assumptions new tech entrepreneurs tend to make - Even if you read this list, you'll probably end up making a few of these.
- Why Startups Fail - Infographic
- 6 Things Every Customer Wants - Preparation, empathy and all that. Don't treat your customers like tools, treat them like human beings.
- Looking for a Startup Idea? First Pick Your Market - Yup. That's what I've been saying for quite a while now. Understand the market and the ideas will present themselves.
- Codified Startup Advice - Perfect for the programmery kind.
- 5 Ways to Stop Being a Wantrepreneur - Yes, you have the greatest business idea ever but can you execute?
- Some ideas matter, not just the ones you think - It's all about resonance you doofus.
- The Seductive Power of Storytelling - Even though business guys might tell you otherwise, in the end it's all about the stories.
- The next big thing will start out looking like a toy - Is there a Gandhi quote hidden there?
- 100 Hottest Startups in Finland - Finland, Finland, Finland, the country where you want to be.
- Failure is Always an Option - Fail and learn. Fix root causes, fail some more.
- csscss - CSS redundancy analyzer that analyzes redundancy.
- Geo for Bootstrap - This theme brings me back to the golden 90's.
- Responsive Design Bookmarklet - Handy for testing your design.
- Learn CSS Layout - Go, learn.
- Avoid the Pains of Pagination - 90's called, it wants its pagination back.
- Beautiful Web Type - Best of the best in one place.
- Single Element Pure CSS3 Double Folded Ribbon - Quite a mouthful but very cool looking.
- Learn Advanced HTML and CSS - A very good starting point!
- Stop Misusing Select Menus - The poor things have seen enough horror already.
- Design for Continuous Experimentation - How else are you going to know that what you are doing is really taking you to the right direction?
- How Webpage Load Time Is Related To Visitor Loss - Any guesses?
- Design Trends 2013 - Flat and Minimal - Say goodbye to your skeumorphic interfaces. Good riddance!
- The Design Lesson: 1 of 1 - Everything has an intentional meaning in design. See also: clutter.
- SOAP vs. REST using Martin Lawrence - Just sheer genius.
- Did Rails have a major security flaw today? - Well, did it?
- Bringing Minecraft-style games to the Open Web - So Minecraft but in browser. How cool is that?
- Browserscope - How do the browsers compare?
- Client-Side MVC Roundup - Yup, there are some definite differences and approaches even.
- 10 Vital Aspects of Building a Node.js Application - Yes, it's a long read but worth it if you dabble with Node.js.